Kinamed SuperCable® Polymer Iso-Elastic™ Cerclage system
This revolutionary polymer-based cerclage system is designed to solve many of the inherent problems of traditional monofilament wire and cabling systems.
Features of the system include:
- Fatigue strength superior to both wire and cables thereby reducing complications due to breakage.
- The elimination of cable-generated metal particle debris that have been shown to greatly increase wear in adjacent total joints.
- No sharp cable ends to irritate patient tissue.
- No sharp cable ends to cut surgeon’s gloves or cause “sharps injury”.
- Provides long-term dynamic compressive loading across bone fragments to offer the possibility for better healing and increased construct strength.
- Unique locking mechanism allows cables to be easily re-tightened, saving time and reducing the number of cables required. And, unlike metal cables, there is no crimping of metal.
- Cables are easy and quick to manipulate within the wound.
- No metal cable contacting metallic implants.